Activity Highlite- Karaoke with Shiela

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Activity Highlite- Karaoke with Shiela

Postby Linda » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:10 am

On Sunday evening (3/30) from 9 PM to 1 AM, you will have the opportunity to sing your favorite songs as we will have "Karaoke with Shiela" (yes, she does spell it that way) at the Phoenix Bar and Lounge (formerly Escape Lounge) at 4213 W Sahara Ave. This bar is TG-friendly and is now 100% locally gay-owned and operated. You don't need to be a singer to attend; just come and enjoy the fun. For those so inclined there is space for dancing too.
Linda
Elector

Re: Activity Highlite- Karaoke with Shiela

Postby bobbiemlv » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:57 am

I hope everyone attends this event. Our band, The Wonderland Express, went there last Sunday and had a ball. I was surprises at how well Linda sings and it gave the band, practice in front of an audience without instruments. I was equally surprised at how well we were welcomed there. Drink prices are very affordable and Sheila is one of the best KJ's in Las Vegas. :)
bobbiemlv
Elector

Postby Linda » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 am

>I was surprises at how well Linda sings

Bobbie, you're too kind :!: But I'll accept the compliment anyway. :roll:
If I avoid songs with high notes, I can get by, apparently. Punk rock, anyone :?:
I had no interest in karaoke until last summer when a friend convinced me to give it a try and I was hooked immediately. The odd thing is that there is still no way I would even consider trying it in boymode :!: (Too shy, stage fright, butterflies, etc.) But not even a hint of that in girlmode 8-) Go figure.
Linda
Elector

Postby Jill Richards » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:57 pm

I am looking forward to karaoke on Sunday night! Are there any other nights when karaoke happens?
Jill
Jill Richards
Attendee

Postby Linda » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Jill Richards wrote :
> I am looking forward to karaoke on Sunday night! Are there any other nights
> when karaoke happens?

Jill,
"Karaoke with Shiela" happens at the Phoenix on Thursdays as well as Sundays. However, Thursday is the night for EHM, which many of us don't want to miss. There is nothing to prevent you from going to karaoke both nights if you want to. Also, depending on when EHM ends, there may be time to get over there for an hour or two; I am going to try.
Linda
Elector

Postby annie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:57 am

> However, Thursday is the night for EHM, which many of us don't want to miss.

One thing about this year's schedule is that there are no "off nights", as there are fun things planned for every evening.

This year is the richest set of activities that I have seen in all of the 18 years of this program!
annie
Elector

Question

Postby External Poster » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 pm

This posting is from: Philip Kernodle
----------

Hey all got a question for u all? I live in Vegas are there any lady's
here now that want to do something please let me know Shanna

----------
(This posting was entered by Philip Kernodle, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:33 pm

If there is anyone needing a ride from the dinner at Blue Ox to karaoke at the Phoenix, please speak (or write) up. I will have room for up to 4 passengers.
Linda
Elector

Postby Valorie » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Or you can sing at the "Fantasy Ball" at the Kings of Hustler (formerly the EHM night)!! This would be your chance to graduate from karaoke in front of a private audience. The stage and microphone are the same, you just need to know your words. Let me know if you want to sign-up.

The Fantasy Ball starts at 8pm, and though we have a Q&A with Dr Victoria afterwards, you could probably go to the Ball and still have time to go to the Pheonix afterwards.
Valorie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum