What is "Macy's Makeover Experience"

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

What is "Macy's Makeover Experience"

Postby Sara » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:48 am

Hello everyone. For the second year in a row, I am pleased to be coordinating what I call "The Macy's Makeover Experience". More important though is that Macy's is just as excited to have us back.

How did this come to be? Well at my first DLV in 2009, I met an artist at Macy's who did unbelievable makeovers for me two days in a row, the second of which she pretty much insisted on my returning because the first one was so much fun (OK, I admit, it didn't take much at all to twist my arm ;) ). Then in 2010, I contacted her ahead of time to schedule a couple more makeovers. She did one and because she was off on the other date, she introduced me to another artist who was just as enthusiastic and talented.

Fast forward to 2011, I contacted both artists ahead of time and we put together the event for DLV, a chance to be as gorgeous as possible before Friday evening's ending bash and now in 2012, an instant replay on the schedule. Both artists are still with Macy's and will be participating. The lead counters are Estee Lauder & Benefit. We are not limiting the sign-ups this year as any overflow will first be accommodated by those counters and we will also be prepared to spill over into any other counters, as needed.

So what can be expected from this event? Well first of all, it's as mainstream as can be. But there is something very important to keep in mind...you will be surrounded by support. These artists do so much to make us feel comfortable and the beauty that arises out of their artistry is simply a wonderful bonus. This event is not only for those experienced in going out & about in the mainstream. The newbies can take such giant steps in becoming more comfortable being out in this wonderful world of ours.

There is a $50 minimum product purchase from the counter where the makeover is done which is a great opportunity to buy some of the makeup that is used during the makeover or even to stock up on that all-important skincare. I know some of the participants "enthusiastically" went well over this amount last year, something that is not hard to do!

My only other recommendation besides signing up for this event and having fun is to know what your needs are and be prepared accordingly at the makeover. If you have coverage issues where a detailed regimen is used to minimize the appearance of that hated beard-shadow, then my recommendation is to arrive with your foundation in place and do an "eyes/cheeks/lips" makeover at the counter. Otherwise, if you are able to use pretty much any foundation off the shelf, then all the better and have fun experimenting with a new & hopefully wonderful foundation choice as part of the makeover experience. Finally, if you know what you'll be wearing that evening, all the better...bring it along or wear it (or at least be prepared to describe the colors) so that your makeup will be perfectly in sync with your outfit.

These artists are terrific. Their talent is amazing and most of all, they are fun. I hope to see a lot of the DLV ladies at this event.

Sara Hayward
Sara
Elector

What is Macy's Makeover Experience

Postby External Poster » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:19 pm

This posting is from: Veronica Lynn Sevier
----------

I am not really intrested in getting a mke over as I already have my
make overs done at Merle Norman. What I would like to know is if it
would be possible to go with and watch the girls get their make overs
done. I could even take pictures for any that might would like for me to
do for them. Please let me know.

Veronica

----------
(This posting was entered by Veronica Lynn Sevier, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: What is "Macy's Makeover Experience"

Postby Sara » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:39 am

Sorry you are not interested in participating but there's nothing stopping you from coming by to check things out. However, taking pictures in many malls & department stores is often frowned upon by the establishments and it happens that we already have a photographer lined up for this event with Macy's permission. Thank you anyways though.

Sara
Sara
Elector

Postby External Poster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:40 am

This posting is from: Veronica Lynn Sevier
----------

So what do I need to do if I decide I want to just watch the make overs
being done? Will there be a taxi pool or something like that?

Veronica

----------
(This posting was entered by Veronica Lynn Sevier, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby External Poster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:14 pm

This posting is from: Sallie
----------

Hi Sara,

I cannot attend this year but I can say that Macy's in St. Louis is cool
with T.G's.

My best experience is with the wonderful ladies at MAC.

----------
(This posting was entered by Sallie, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: What is "Macy's Makeover Experience"

Postby Sara » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 am

@ Veronica, if you choose to show up to watch and how you get there, that's entirely up to you.
Sara
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum