The Sahra ditches resort fees

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Postby Renee » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 pm

The Sarah is ditching the dreaded resort fees if you book before June 30th. They are the only strip property to do this. Room rates are reasonable so they're not trying to hide the resort fees in the rates. I'm thinking about booking a few mid-week days in July. Of course I also plan to attend the October DLV. BtW, doesn't Vegas celebrate Pride around that time? Also, I was watching some live streams from the strip on YouTube and I saw that hardly anyone were wearing masks. Pretty reckless! -Renee
https://saharalasvegas.com/
Renee

Re: The Sahra ditches resort fees

Postby cindytxcd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Renee, I agree with you that not wearing masks is pretty reckless. I'm one of those older folks (been getting Social Security for a good while now) that is more likely to suffer bad consequences from Covid-19, and I wear my mask pretty regularly when not at home. I do that for my own protection, yes, but also to prevent spreading the disease should I have an asymptomatic infection or have recently been infected. I am a retired medical professional and I’ve been keeping up with the studies to figure out Covid-19. It appears to me that it is very unlikely (but not impossible) to become infected from contact with objects touched by an infected individual. Almost all transmission seems to be from water droplets from sneezing, coughing, blowing nose, speaking, possibly even from water droplets splash from flushing a toilet the previous (infected) user failed to flush (it appears Covid-19 can be found in an infected person's urine and feces). Thus the recommendation for 6 ft separation. Combine masks, separation and frequent hand washing and we’ll beat Covid-19. [Note that further work by researchers may add to or negate some of what I have written.]

I saw on TV that a New York company is making masks imprinted with an image of the underlying face. They have a camera that has guide markings for where the eyes, nose and mouth should be. Once one aligns one’s image to match the guide using the selfie-type screen, one snaps it and they print it on your mask. I’d like to have one of those. :)

I’ve been following DLV almost from its beginning and this is the first year I have been able to attend. I was so disappointed that it had to be canceled in March/April. I’m really looking forward to the November event! I’m going to try to stay healthy ‘til then. -Cindy
cindytxcd

Postby External Poster » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:38 am

This posting is from: J B Green
----------

I would like one of those too, but I would submit a CISGENDER woman's face
for my mask... and maybe for a while places I frequent won't be hassling my
friends when they wear masks...

Sign me Julie Brenda, please

----------
(This posting was entered by J B Green, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Return to DLV Discussion Forum