First time visitor looking for makeup artist

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

First time visitor looking for makeup artist

Postby joycedlv » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:49 pm

First time visitor, really excited. I don't really know how to do makeup, consider to use professional makeup artist now, I wonder if there is anyone on the preferred vendor list can provide such service, will Bare Minerals do makeup?

Thanks
joycedlv

Re: First time visitor looking for makeup artist

Postby annie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:29 am

> First time visitor, really excited. I don't really know how to do makeup,
> consider to use professional makeup artist now, I wonder if there is anyone
> on the preferred vendor list can provide such service, will Bare Minerals
> do makeup?

Joyce,

There are several options that you have which you can choose from. You can do one, then the other, etc.

First, yes, Bare Minerals will do makeup sessions and they will spend quite a bit of time with you teaching the basics, in exchange for the purchase of products. They know the TG community and our group well. Their sessions are, indeed, sales-oriented, as they will show you and teach you using their product lines. The good news on that is that you can replenish your supplies at any Bare Minerals shop and many JC Penney locations if you don't have a BM in your area. They are usually very good about things like "show me how to do one eye and let me do the other eye" and such. They are on level 1 of the Fashion Show Mall near Neiman Marcus.

In the same mall, the Sephora Studio will be doing two small-group instructional seminars for DLVers on Monday and Tuesday of DLV week at 11:00am. In addition, Sephora will do, by appointment or walk-in if available, a complete facial makeover, complimentary with a minimum purchase of $50. Again, they are usually good at such things as letting you do one eye after they have done one and such. The one interesting thing we just learned from our DLV Sephora hostess (Lori) is that Sephora is actively reaching out to the TG community and they are actively recruiting TG employees. They are on level 1 by Forever 21. Kind of north and west of Bare Minerals.

In addition, in the same mall, the various cosmetic counters at Macy's and Nordstrom have been very good to our people over the years.

The two above will be good for learning a look that you can duplicate on your own (practice! practice! practice!) using products that you can conveniently obtain in many locations.

Now, if you're looking for more of a transformational makeover, two shops in LV do this. They are (in alphabetical order) Just You and Studio Lites. Both know our group well. Information for both is on the Big List of vendors and merchants on our web site.

Also, don't forget the wealth of knowledge that exists in the experience of our attendees! If you need some advice, ask and you will receive, in abundance! :) If you have any specific question or concerns you can ask them right here prior to DLV.

Hope this helps.
annie
Elector

Postby joycedlv » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks Annie, really appreciate!
joycedlv

Postby Linda » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 am

For personal attention, I suggest that you contact Amy at "Just You".

Her email is gb2amy@aol.com

Her phone numbers are 702-697-1800 and 702-355-5567

Her address is 3400 W Desert Inn Road, #53, Las Vegas, NV 89102

Her website is http://justyoulv.com, but it is currently being remodeled.

Amy is the preferred makeup artist for many attendees at First Event, Keystone Conference, etc.
You can't go wrong.

I hope to see you in a month,
Linda
Linda
Elector

Postby annie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 pm

> Thanks Annie, really appreciate!

Glad to help, if you (or anyone) need anything, just ask away. :)
annie
Elector

Postby joycedlv » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:19 pm

Linda wrote :
> For personal attention, I suggest that you contact Amy at "Just
> You".
>
> Her email is gb2amy@aol.com
>
> Her phone numbers are 702-697-1800 and 702-355-5567
>
> Her address is 3400 W Desert Inn Road, #53, Las Vegas, NV 89102
>
> Her website is http://justyoulv.com, but it is currently being remodeled.
>
> Amy is the preferred makeup artist for many attendees at First Event,
> Keystone Conference, etc.
> You can't go wrong.
>
> I hope to see you in a month,
> Linda

Thanks Linda, I can feel the support and connection to all of you now, it is a great feeling, look forward to meeting all of you in 3 weeks
joycedlv

Return to DLV Discussion Forum