Large dining activities (was Re: Unpaid check ...)

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Large dining activities (was Re: Unpaid check ...)

Postby Marisa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Sorry about the slow service.Their computer/cash register that they use upstairs had to be sent out for repair,so they had to keep going down stairs to take care of transactions and orders to the kitchen.The restaurant was also very busy down stairs.We got hit with a, during the week, slow service night.
I really wonder about the socializing quality of these large group dining events.Everyone is standing around in the way of the servers and then expect top quality full menu service!I'm suggesting large group non-dining at some kind of bar area, like at 3535 bar at the Linq hotel after 3 or so dining events at nearby restaurants.
I will NOT be hosting anymore large group dining events, nor will I encourage it! Marisa
Marisa
Elector

Re: Large dining activities (was Re: Unpaid check ...)

Postby annie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:47 pm

> I really wonder about the socializing quality of these large group
> dining events.

This is a very valid point. Our primary purpose of our larger gatherings is social, not gastronomical. :)

However, everybody has to eat, and everybody enjoys a good meal in the company of those whose company they value.

> Everyone is standing around in the way of the servers and
> then expect top quality full menu service!

We're spoiled! We've been very fortunate that we've found a few venues over the course of our history which are willing to offer their full regular menu to larger groups. Bahama Breeze, Off The Strip, and Trevi are a few of these.

Most venues want to use the limited "Party Menu" for larger groups and our people most definitely do not like those.

Worse than that is what you typically get at the larger TG gatherings (as well as other events) where a plate is simply placed in front of it and your only choice of the evening is to eat it or not eat it.

If you're not familiar with this, surf here: http://www.geekbabe.com/dlv/mydlv/wiki/index.php/RCB :) :)

> I'm suggesting large group non-dining at some kind of bar area, like at 3535 bar
> at the Linq hotel after 3 or so dining events at nearby restaurants.

Something like this is definitely possible and we've done it before. Last time I remember was a few years back where we had dinner at a few various places downtown followed by socializing, imbibing, bowling, dancing, etc. at the now-closed Drink And Drag in Neonopolis.
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum