Entertainment suggestions

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

Entertainment suggestions

Postby Valerie » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:02 am

I was just looking through the theater options for Pinkfest 2016.

My first suggestion is a musical comedy called The Bardy Bunch. See the website with a description of the play at http://www.thebardybunch.com/pages/about_us.html

It may be hard to find something as good as last year's play, which I really enjoyed and at which I found myself coveting a certain pair of shoes.

Another option is Smokey Joe's Cafe out in Oakbrook. Information at http://drurylanetheatre.com/shows/16-17

It's a little ways out. At first I thought it was in Oak Park, but I was confused. I'm leaving it her as a possibility anyway.

The Theo Ubique is doing FLY BY NIGHT. Brief description here. This is where we saw Blood Brothers last year (mentioned above).

These are just suggestions, please make others.
Valerie
Volunteer

Re: Entertainment suggestions

Postby laurawright » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 pm

The Brady Bunch sounds like fun!

I have never seen the Blue Man Group live. The theatre in Chicago is near Boystown. Is anyone interested?

There might be some interest in the Raven Theatre in Rogers Park, not too far from Phoebe's place. Red Velvet is playing about the first African actor to perform on stage in London in the 1800s.
laurawright
Junior

Postby annie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:19 am

> I have never seen the Blue Man Group live. The theatre in Chicago is near
> Boystown. Is anyone interested?

I have not seen BMG for over 10 years now and I would definitely be interested.

For those who have never seen it, it's very entertaining, both earthy and kinda artsy and should be reasonable in price.
annie
Elector

Postby Valerie » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:46 am

I've never seen BMG, so I'm definitely interested. Tickets are 59 to 109. There are probably discount tickets available.
Valerie
Volunteer

Return to Pinkfest