Hello, I'm new here ...........

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

Hello, I'm new here ...........

Postby Brandy Alexandra » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Hello, I'm Brandy from Lindsay On Canada. I was planning on attending Pinkfest. There seems to be a lot of choices for the hotel accommodations . I was hoping to stay in the area where most of the gurls hang out. If someone was looking for a little sister and had some solid advice ,,,,, I would be a gracious little sister. Giggles

Brandy
Brandy Alexandra

Re: Hello, I'm new here ...........

Postby annie » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:24 am

> There seems to be a lot of choices for the hotel accommodations .
> I was hoping to stay in the area where most of the gurls hang out.

Welcome, Brandy! Looking forward to having you. :) (OBTW, I am partly Canadian by heritage.) :)

If you have not read the hotel page, it's on line here and gives a good summary of what's available.

http://www.geekbabe.com/pinkfest/hotels/

The only update I might make is that in the last few years more of our people have been doing AirBnB in lieu of a hotel and have been having very good luck with it and saved a bunch.

Personally, after years of trial and error, I find that I enjoy Pinkfest (or any other Chicago trip) better if I stay in a centrally-located name-brand midscale hotel which has the usual suspect type of room and the expected amenities. I know it costs more, but I've grown accustomed to just holding my nose when I pay at the desk.

One of our people had very good luck at a lower cost at the Super-8 north on Sheridan last year.

I think it's probably too early to tell where any concentration of our people will be this year. I have not made hotel reservations yet but I will probably do one of three hotels, all within a stone's throw of the intersection of Grand and State.
annie
Elector

Re: Hello, I'm new here ...........

Postby Brandy Alexandra » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:30 am

Hello all ,thanks for all the email response and the forum as well. Everyone has their own ideal places and events, making it harder to decide (but with the new info also easier ) I'm looking forward to a few more of your thoughts before booking. Feel free to email me ----- brandy DOT alexandra AT yahoo DOT com
Thanks again Brandy
Brandy Alexandra

Return to Pinkfest