Super 8 Motel - North Sheridan/Evanston

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

Super 8 Motel - North Sheridan/Evanston

Postby laurawright » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:32 pm

I have not normally stayed at a hotel in the past for Pinkfest. This year I ended up trying out the Super 8 Motel at 7300 North Sheridan Road, Chicago. I was pleasantly surprised. It is a two or three star hotel, so it is pretty basic and it is as far north as you can get in Chicago without crossing into Evanston. However, it has a lot of pluses. Parking is free, and self-serve breakfast is included. They even have a waffle maker... It is only a block and a half from Phoebe's wine shop and the Jarvis Red Line stop, which of course provides 24 hour service to and from the downtown. Rogers Park is an interesting and eclectic neighborhood. There are several gay bars, the leather museum, and of course a couple of trans-owned small businesses nearby. I checked and if you reserve well in advance, you can get rooms in October for as little as $60 per night. The only real downside is the longer commute downtown. The only time I ended up using my car all week was for the day in Oak Park, but I could have just as easily taken the Red and Green Lines to get there too. If you are budget conscious, and do not mind the more basic accommodations compared to downtown hotels, I would recommend it. The mix of free parking, low price, and Red Line access makes it worth consideration.
laurawright
Junior

Return to Pinkfest