April 3: First Friday art, music & food festival

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

April 3: First Friday art, music & food festival

Postby Ivy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:58 am

I was looking for some inexpensive activities to fill in some of the time between DLV events. I found the Las Vegas First Friday festival of art, music and food. Their site says "60+ Artists & Makers, 30+ Food Vendors and Live Music".
They call it "an all-inclusive event for the local Las Vegas Community".

I've never attended, but it looks interesting. Anyone here know more about it?
Ivy

Re: April 3: First Friday art, music & food festival

Postby annie » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Ivy wrote:I was looking for some inexpensive activities to fill in some of the time between DLV events. I found the Las Vegas First Friday festival of art, music and food. Their site says "60+ Artists & Makers, 30+ Food Vendors and Live Music".

It's been going on for several years now.

Google "First Friday Vegas" for more further information than is humanly possible. :)

If it's the same as it was a few years ago, it's a gathering of artists, vendors and the public in the "Arts District", which is a loosely-defined area surrounding the intersection of Charleston and Main.

There may be some confusion, as there is/was a spin-off/extension/other event that is/was called "First Friday" downtown, which for a while caused some unmanageable crowds in the downtown area. The last I heard, this has eased off and the crowds seem to gravitate to the Arts District area.

One warning I would give you, if things are the same as a few years ago, do not drive there. Parking is nonexistent during the First Friday activities.
annie
Elector

Re: April 3: First Friday art, music & food festival

Postby Marisa » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:16 pm

First Friday is really a big event here in LV.Street parking or an expensive lot can be found,the earlier the better.I think there is a free shuttle from FSE or one of two RTC buses pass close by also.
Check out the Burlesque Hall of Fame museum on main street.
Some of the museums and shops host a preview Thursday event also when it's not so busy the night before 1st Friday.
Marisa
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum