----------

Hi Michelle, glad your having fun.

My wife named me while we were on
vacation. One of my friends, named her self after her grandma. Michelle is
a pretty name. The person was just stating a fact, she didn't mean anything
by it, have fun girl!

Melissa

----------
(This posting was entered by Melissa Reed, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: Newbie introduction

Postby Katie Wilson » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:04 am

Hi Newbie. *lol*.
Ok Michelle then. Or name to be determined.

You are going to have enormous fun and gather some terrific memories and Photos too I might add... during your Vacation at D L V. It is the absolute best way to spend a few days or a whole week in girl mode.

If you have never walked on concrete for more than a few steps, Please consider taking short Heeled shoes, Flats and + a pair or two which you particularly like for a venue where you are simply going to step out of your rental car or Taxi and enter the venue we will be at then return to the hotel. . (A wise question you asked there).

If you want to stay with protocol IE:-- **Be comfortable with the format while you are in Vegas for this special event** Then please read the suggested dress codes for the various separate and quite diversified activities. This is Not a directive Sis, it is only a suggestion from me to you so that you will feel just like one of the gang rather than feel out of it all.

I will give you a snippet of advice with regards to Financial expenditure.
Take the offer we have for the Flamingo or some other central strip hotel of your choosing I think this will save you $$$$.

Example... If you book a cheaper "Off Strip" hotel to save loot and have only one rental car then either you or your wife will have to grab a cab to and from the strip which is where the better part of the action in L/V is happening. So saving yourself $20/ day by staying off Strip + two or three cab fares a day will cancel out the thriftiness. Then there is the money grab parking fee if you are not staying at a specific hotel you will be visiting. It all adds up but if you are already staying there then almost everything Vegassy is a short walk.

As Annie mentioned, A few of our ladies experienced their first public exposure at DLV and believe me, Most of the girls of DLV fame are really great with new people. I know this from experience because a few years ago I was one of them and I went home feeling part of something pretty darned good.!

Please don't forget to say Hi, if and when we meet.

Enjoy!

Katie.
Katie Wilson
Elector

Postby MichelleSeattle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:18 pm

Thank you Katie for the advice. My wife had originally booked a time share that a friend owns when she was preparing this surprise for me, but we have changed our mind about that and are going to stay at a strip hotel - I really want to stay at Paris, but we might do The Flamingo instead. IIRC Paris courts the LGBTQ crowd, plus it is really nice and I haven't had a vacation in so long I'm gonna try to swing it. I definitely will say hi to you when I am there. Only like 100 days to go, I have so much to do to prepare.

My life has changed so much recently as I stated in my intro, and I sort of have an update to things. My boss noticed something was going on with me and I had a long talk with her where she expressed her support for my genderqueerness and basically told me that if I wanted to do some more extreme appearance things than I have been doing that they would be ok and she would stand behind them even if they would make some guests uncomfortable - like nail polish, or acrylics, or makeup or ??? can you believe that ? Yesterday I was at Walmart and the woman in line ahead of me paid me a nice complement on my sparkly cell phone and the pink ladies' jacket that I was wearing so I decided that it was time to out myself to all my Facebook friends, so I did. Now everybody knows. I feel so proud of myself, and proud of all of you when I look at all the pics from DLVs gone by. Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.
MichelleSeattle

Postby annie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:12 am

> My wife had originally booked a time share that a friend owns
> when she was preparing this surprise for me, but we have
> changed our mind about that and are going to stay at a strip hotel

We've had people stay in timeshares over the years and some of them are actually convenient. One of them is to the rear of the Flamingo complex and another which was not too far out of the way was adjacent to the Westgate (formerly LV Hilton).

> I really want to stay at Paris, but we might do The Flamingo instead.

I've stayed in both recently. Paris is, as you would expect, much nicer, but Flamingo is not bad at all and gives far more bang for the buck, particularly with our negotiated rates.

> IIRC Paris courts the LGBTQ crowd,

All properties owned or managed by Caesars Entertainment (CET), which includes Flamingo, Paris, and several others in the LV area, will be LGBT-friendly. Recent conversations with local (to me, not LV) CET mid-level employees confirm that they do indeed value our business. Paris was kind of their trial balloon in actively reaching out to the LGBT community, about 10 years ago, and our history has shown that in recent years, we've received great treatment at all CET properties.

CET has also scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index for some time.
annie
Elector

Previous

Return to DLV Discussion Forum