Don't forget!

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Don't forget!

Postby annie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:08 pm

This goes to our folks here in the States.

Tomorrow is election day! If you haven't voted, please do so. There are many issues out there that directly affect our community so your vote is important!

Vote early! (vote often) :)
annie
Elector

Don't forget!

Postby External Poster » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:42 pm

This posting is from: Delaney
----------

Like the Great McGinty, I did - 37 times, all for you.

----------
(This posting was entered by Delaney, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: Don't forget!

Postby annie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:05 am

> Like the Great McGinty, I did - 37 times, all for you.

Yeah, you should have done it more like 37,000 times! :(
annie
Elector

Postby Ginger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Enough of us didn't vote. One has to wonder where Trump will go when he becomes president. President Obama has given our community so much, bathroom equality, opportunities to serve and even transition while in the armed forces, employment opportunities, access to health care, and maybe more than anything recognition and respect. It would be awful to lose these gains and go back to the days I grew up in. I think too many younger people don't realize how fragile rights can be.
Ginger
Elector

Postby annie » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:21 pm

> Enough of us didn't vote.

That's true! Although it appears that Ms. Clinton won the majority of our votes, the votes were insufficient in the critical areas of the country to allow the will of the people to be effective. That's the way our system works, unfortunately. This scenario has happened a couple of times before, as President Gore can surely attest.

> One has to wonder where Trump will go when he becomes president.

I don't even think he knows! The result of this election was so unprecedented that nobody saw it coming, except maybe Michael Moore, and most of us thought he was on drugs when he said that Trump would win.

> President Obama has given our community so much, bathroom equality,

Now in all fairness to The Donald, he is on record for saying that Caitlyn Jenner could use the restroom of her choice.

My guess is that such things as restroom access will be thrown back to the states, and it will be up to us and to our allies to handle the situation there, as we have been doing.

Speaking of which, it does appear that Cooper's razor-thin margin of victory over McCrory in North Carolina is holding, and should that survive one or more recounts, we're in a better position to ash-can HB2.

> access to health care,

This is one of my main concerns. I'm fortunate that I have a very good policy, but many of us do not. Many may lose coverage or find it unaffordable, and many with so-called pre-existing conditions may find no affordable options at all! I also feel very badly for such folks as those of Hispanic descent and those who practice the Islamic faith. Both were targets of some very nasty rhetoric. :(

> It would be awful to lose these gains and go back to the days I grew up in. I think too many
> younger people don't realize how fragile rights can be.

One of the victor's campaign promises was to Make America Great Again, believed to be referring to trying to return us to the days when everyone was happy, assuming you were a straight cis white Christian male, that is.

We probably won't know for sure what will happen until we see some kind of indications.
annie
Elector

Postby Michelle V » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:05 am

Gore was never President.

annie wrote :
> > Enough of us didn't vote.
>
> That's true! Although it appears that Ms. Clinton won the majority of our votes, the
> votes were insufficient in the critical areas of the country to allow the will of the
> people to be effective. That's the way our system works, unfortunately. This scenario
> has happened a couple of times before, as President Gore can surely attest.
>
> > One has to wonder where Trump will go when he becomes president.
>
> I don't even think he knows! The result of this election was so unprecedented that
> nobody saw it coming, except maybe Michael Moore, and most of us thought he was on
> drugs when he said that Trump would win.
>
> > President Obama has given our community so much, bathroom equality,
>
> Now in all fairness to The Donald, he is on record for saying that Caitlyn Jenner
> could use the restroom of her choice.
>
> My guess is that such things as restroom access will be thrown back to the states,
> and it will be up to us and to our allies to handle the situation there, as we have
> been doing.
>
> Speaking of which, it does appear that Cooper's razor-thin margin of victory over
> McCrory in North Carolina is holding, and should that survive one or more recounts,
> we're in a better position to ash-can HB2.
>
> > access to health care,
>
> This is one of my main concerns. I'm fortunate that I have a very good policy, but
> many of us do not. Many may lose coverage or find it unaffordable, and many with
> so-called pre-existing conditions may find no affordable options at all! I also feel
> very badly for such folks as those of Hispanic descent and those who practice the
> Islamic faith. Both were targets of some very nasty rhetoric. :(
>
> > It would be awful to lose these gains and go back to the days I grew up in. I
> think too many
> > younger people don't realize how fragile rights can be.
>
> One of the victor's campaign promises was to Make America Great Again, believed to be
> referring to trying to return us to the days when everyone was happy, assuming you
> were a straight cis white Christian male, that is.
>
> We probably won't know for sure what will happen until we see some kind of
> indications.
Michelle V

Postby annie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:53 pm

> Gore was never President.

Uh, that's the point I was trying to make.
annie
Elector

Postby Marisa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:02 pm

:cry: This is depressing.That we need to vote more than 37 times to make the democratic process work the way that it should.
Marisa
Elector

Postby annie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:53 am

> That we need to vote more than 37 times to make
> the democratic process work the way that it should.

I think a very good example of the system not working is that now for two times in recent history, the victor did not garner the most votes of the people!
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum