Dates for 2017

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Dates for 2017

Postby Rebeccacd43 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi everyone

I attended this years event for the first time from the UK and loved every minute.

I know it's too early to ask but just wondered if the dates for 2017 have been discussed. I would love to return
But need to look at flights etc.

Thank you

Rebecca
Rebeccacd43
Volunteer

Re: Dates for 2017

Postby annie » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:24 am

> I attended this years event for the first time from the UK and loved every
> minute.

That's what we want to hear! :) Thanks. :)

> I know it's too early to ask but just wondered if the dates for 2017 have
> been discussed.

Here's the story, and here's the approximate timing.

We'll be reconvening the ORG group within the next couple of weeks. That's the group which makes the decision on the dates. The dates for the 2017 event will be among the first items discussed, and we'll "vet" each week between the end of March and the middle of May, looking for things such as family holidays, high room rates, etc. The weeks showing no issues will be voted upon by the ORG members of voting status, although everyone, including YOU will be able to weigh in on your preferences.

We always announce the proposed dates before they are final and allow for a one-month Call For Comments (here) on the proposed dates.

Just stay tuned here for information on the date selection. :)
annie
Elector

Re: Dates for 2017

Postby annie » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:56 pm

> Just wondering if anyone has brought up merging with Wildside

That would have to be up to ORG, but quite honestly I do not envision the votes to be there to do it.

Personally, I would be opposed to it, mostly on the grounds that when two entities merge, at least one of them will lose their identity and I do not want that to happen to DLV. I regard our identity, and the pride connected to it, as one of our strongest assets.

> or perhaps having Diva back to back....?

This has been suggested before, either holding the two concurrently or else back to back.

This is, again, up to ORG, but Wildside prefers a May week and our ORG folks tend to prefer late March or early April and avoid May due to the higher temperatures.
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum