Sexuality (was Re: DLV leadership, authority, and organizati

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Sexuality (was Re: DLV leadership, authority, and organizati

Postby annie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:03 pm

> Naughty fun is what the difference is. And in most cases it is Sex.

We (humans) are sexual beings, and being TG does not change this. All of us have sexual needs, and I daresay that the number of true virgins among us can be counted on one hand with five fingers left over. :)

Whenever people get together, intimacy will occur. It will happen under the most repressive circumstances as well as under the most permissive, as at a Bible camp as well as a swingers' convention.

Although we don't promote DLV as an opportunity to find someone to wake up with, encounters do go on and I believe that a certain amount of this is normal and healthy.

From very early on we've always stated that DLV is not a sexually-oriented event, and I believe that the vast majority of attendees and volunteers wish to keep it this way. We learned very early on that obvious "carrying on" in public between attendees is not something we want. We also had a few cases of attendees implying (or even in a few cases blatantly announcing) that they were "for sale", and those were not wanted and reported quickly.

Our people have always wanted (anyone dissenting, feel free to speak up) a fun event, which is very classy, sophisticated, and yes, respectable.

That's not to say that we can't have activities which are "edgy" in nature and if you look back through the ratings, those types of activities are often rated quite highly on the enjoyment scale.

The most notable activity is most likely "Night of the Soiled Doves", which was recently resurrected. We promote this as mainly an opportunity to socialize and we don't promote it as an opportunity to get one's "ashes hauled", but they have indeed sold several "parties" to our attendees over the years. :)

In the past we had an Open House at Power Exchange, a long-defunct swingers' club, and yes, we had a few accept the invitation to return during business hours and participate in the goings-on. :)

In more recent years we've had several activities at the Erotic Heritage Museum and two at Kings Of Hustler. All of those were well-attended.

And then there's the "lounge"! :) :) :)

We've always had a good mix of activities of all types, and yes, some of those are edgy in nature. I see no reason to change this, nor do I see any reason to deliberately increase the number of those activities.
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum