TG researcher wants subjects to interview

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

TG researcher wants subjects to interview

Postby kandi.dolfen » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:02 pm

Patricia Gagne, Professor of Sociology at the University of Louisville, is conducting
research on the experiences of people who identify as transgender. She is seeking
volunteers to participate in an in-depth interview that will last about two hours, to be
conducted in a place that is comfortable to those who wish to participate. The focus of
the interviews is the successes people have had before, during, and since transition and
the experiences of those who identify as trans but who do not wish to transition. She is
interested in identifying the barriers transgender people have experienced, as well as
what has gone well for them. Dr. Gagne has published extensively on the lived
experiences of transgender people and works hard to write her findings in ways that
represent the experiences of those she talks with as accurately and authentically as
possible.
Dr. Gagne will protect your privacy and confidentiality to the extent provided by law. She
will not use your names in any presentations or publications, and will remove any
potentially identifying information from any quotes she might use in writing up her
research.
If you are interested in learning more about the research, have questions, or would like
to volunteer, you may contact her at gagne@louisville.edu or 502-767-6930 (personal
cell, call or text).
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Re: TG researcher wants subjects to interview

Postby kandi.dolfen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:06 pm

I spoke with Patricia via phone, today. I think her research is worth supporting so I'm looking forward to my interview with her.
Film at 11
:D
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Postby kandi.dolfen » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Patricia reports she has received several replies from this post.
Thanks everyone for your support.
Dionne
PS - She is considering joining us for DLV 2016, as well.
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Postby kandi.dolfen » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:23 pm

I had my interview with Dr. Patricia Gagne on Thursday morning. I called her office line since I have free long distance calling and her research in not funded by any grant monies. She is easy to talk with and we covered my TG life from early childhood though today. She mentioned how common it is for TG's to go into Depression state at some point in their life, as I did some years ago. The comment I came out with was that joining DLV was helpful in my self-understanding and acceptance. I want to thank all my Diva friends who have extended their time and support to help me grow and understand what TG means.
With sincere thanks,
Dionne
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Return to DLV Discussion Forum