Why you liked or disliked a DLV2015 event.

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Why you liked or disliked a DLV2015 event.

Postby Katie Wilson » Fri May 01, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi.
Now that the survey says is over, I find myself wondering why some attendees disliked being somewhere. I realize that the survey is only a rough estimate and not really a down to the nitty gritty of the specifics and I can't speak for everyone of course but whatever I did personally this year was great.but I chose my activities carefully!

I am sure that sometimes an attendee might not like a dinner out for instance because of someone objectionable who was there and made them feel uncomfortable. Or heaven forbid being uncomfy at KKK? ...Gadzooks! Na, That could never happen!

We should Not sweep this sort of thing under the rug just to keep the peace as we have done quite a few times in the past. I am not going to mention the Why's, The Who's and The When's as they are long gone but I Do think it is quite important! so if we want our Hostesses to keep on hostessing and attendees from avoiding something the next time because someone made it less than fun for whatever reason then we need to address the issue either right here or write to a perp via group approved mail sent from central command . I would not mind at all if a group letter from The DLV Organizers went out to someone who needed guidance for want of a better term. I just see too many times where a word or two here and there previously would have prevented the after event mess

With that in mind and I am just throwing a few things out here. Bad food, Slow service, unduly slow waiting staff, Non Payment of the bill, Smoking Cigars in a group of women . Loud uncouth public arguments. Being severely Under dressed for nice upscale restaurants. . Being Over dressed for same. It could even be something simple like the restaurant was too cold, I shivered all through my dinner.......I can leave out the loud and pungent farting here as I don't want to flog that one to death. Ha!.. ...Although I will however bring along some paper next time! **Wink**.
***OR pick one of your own**.

I think that we really need to discuss this if we want to fix what needs to be fixed or we can just let it ride to avoid unpleasantness and watch the hostesses quit and see the specific activity decline from another venue across the street maybe.

From my point of view, I used to scan the Pre DLV list of event sign ups every year to avoid stuff like this and have been known to cancel and move my activity venue on a particular evening because of one or two of the reasons above so you can count me as at least One who will not go back if it was not fun **Hoping desperately that it will be ok This time around because I already I know it will not be** etc.

I wrote this here in the MY DLV discussion page so everyone could participate. So Girls. Was there any of these things which would stop you from repeating a particular outing next year?
We get better if we listen and not try to avoid things which might be a bit sticky. . People are what make it good and people can also be what make it bad.

If you did not like an event because of any of these reasons please say so. It wont go away by itself!

If I were a coordinator of an activity which failed I would want to know why someone did not like my event and not just read that it scored a 2.3 on the delightfulness scale.
If the CEO's do not like this being discussed on MY DLV discussion page please feel free to send it over to the ORG for a more private screening.I will not be upset. but please do not edit it.
Katie.
Katie Wilson
Elector

Re: Why you liked or disliked a DLV2015 event.

Postby annie » Fri May 01, 2015 5:34 pm

> I find myself wondering why some attendees disliked being
> somewhere.

If you look at this year's enjoyment and comfort scores, we had nothing on the negative side of the scale and all but a few activities scored 4.0 or over on both the enjoyment and comfort scales.

My guess is that for those who rated any activity on the negative side of either scale, it would be more of a disappointment than a dislike. People don't generally go to things they truly dislike, but rate the activities low if they do not meet their expectations.

> We should Not sweep this sort of thing under the rug just to
> keep the peace as we have done quite a few times in the past.

The written part of the survey says a lot WRT what people disliked (and liked) and I'll get this posted as soon as I can. You can read the full text responses very shortly, but I'll say that two specific items stood out this year as targets of complaints. Number one on the list was the splitting of checks, a topic that has barely received any attention in any of our previous 18 years. The number two complaint was cigar smoking, which had never been mentioned at all on any survey.

> so if we want our Hostesses to keep on hostessing and
> attendees from avoiding something the next time because
> someone made it less than fun for whatever reason then we
> need to address the issue either right here or write to a perp
> via group approved mail sent from central command.

In my not so humble opinion, we need to show a bit more love for our Coordinators! These people are unpaid and in too many cases unthanked for their contributions and efforts! If they have a hassle doing their activities, or take a financial bath, or get complaints, they will be less likely to step forward to coordinate more activities in the future!

Now if we have a "perp" who causes trouble, we now have a method of dealing with this, up to and including declining to re-register said "perp" for future events. Chapter and verse of how this works are in plain sight on our web site. I'm hoping we never need to use these procedures, though.

> So Girls. Was there any of these things which would stop you
> from repeating a particular outing next year?

Of the activities I did this year, there is not a single one that I would not do again.

> If I were a coordinator of an activity which failed I would want
> to know why someone did not like my event and not just read
> that it scored a 2.3 on the delightfulness scale.

Having coordinated at least one DLV activities during each of the past 19 years (yes, some of which did not turn out as expected) I can say that when an activity totally lays an egg, it's obvious! If people are not enjoying something as much as you would like, you can sense it. If there's some kind of an issue or incident, it's usually painfully obvious, There should really be no totally unexpected surprises on the survey.

I'll get the written comments posted shortly. They're not all bad by any means. Lots of positive stuff in there, and gobs of very good feedback and suggestions.
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum