Activity Highlight: Karaoke with Shiela, Sunday March 22 9PM

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Activity Highlight: Karaoke with Shiela, Sunday March 22 9PM

Postby Linda » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:36 pm

On Sunday March 22, you can kick off DLV week karaoke style with a visit to the Phoenix Bar and Lounge, 4213 W Sahara Ave. (just east of Arville and next to the Statue of Liberty). In Las Vegas, Shiela Del Monte is often referred to as the "Queen of Karaoke", especially by other KJs. She has virtually every legal karaoke song in existence, so it's very likely that she will have whatever you want to sing. If you don't want to sing, come and enjoy the ambiance and/or dance if that's your thing. The fun starts at 9PM and runs until at least 1AM.

The Phoenix has recently upgraded their sound system so you can hear loud and clear everywhere in the room. I never use the word "AWESOME" but if I did, it would fit here :!: I should also point out that this bar is very TG-friendly by both the employees and the clientele. A lot of positive changes have taken place since the days of the Escape Lounge, as it was called prior to January 2014 when new owners took over.

For those who want to eat dinner before singing and/or drinking, we have scheduled an activity at TGI Fridays less than a quarter mile west of the Phoenix on the other side of Sahara and Arville. This is described in a separate Activity Highlight. Of course, if you prefer to eat at one of the other dining options and then come to the Phoenix, there's no problem. We added TGI Fridays, as it is within easy walking distance of the Phoenix (unless you're wearing stilettos that is ;) ).
Linda
Elector

Re: Activity Highlight: Karaoke with Shiela, Sunday March 22

Postby Linda » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Well, it's almost here: DLV start and Karaoke with Shiela tomorrow (Sunday) night. For those planning on singing, I want to mention that it is no longer necessary to thumb through those thick binders full of page after page of song titles and artists that most KJs still use. Instead, you can go to http://icroons.com/ , a searchable database which lists all legal karaoke tracks by title and artist. Since Shiela has more than 95% of these, chances are very good that she will have your song.

For anyone who wants to find me there, I look a little different from my current avatar, as my hair has changed from brunette to blonde. This photo from last year is more current. http://www.geekbabe.com/cgi-bin/dlv/ivp ... 162-l4.jpg . Also, you'll usually find me sitting on one of the couches in front of the stage.

Linda
Linda
Elector

Re: Activity Highlight: Karaoke with Shiela, Sunday March 22

Postby Linda » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:15 pm

I just noticed that the link to my photo in the previous post just above got messed up somehow. Lets try again: http://www.geekbabe.com/cgi-bin/dlv/ivp ... 162-l4.jpg

If that doesn't work again, the same link is posted in Sunday Dining at "TGI Fridays", March 22: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3110
Linda
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum