Activity Highlight - P.F. Chang's (dinner, Wed 3/25)

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Activity Highlight - P.F. Chang's (dinner, Wed 3/25)

Postby Sara » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:16 am

How time flies. For the fifth (...yes, FIFTH) year in a row, I am pleased to be hostessing an evening at P.F. Chang's China Bistro located at Planet Hollywood...

Planet Hollywood
3667 Las Vegas Blvd.
South Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 836-0955

For anyone who has put together a dinner event for DLV, the challenge is to find a venue where we can have a larger sized group sitting together and an open menu. Fortunately, we continue to have available the use of a semi-private balcony area (with it's own bar!!!) with seating across three large tables holding 16, 12 & 12 respectively. There is other seating adjacent to the long tables in case we end up with higher numbers.

Historically, we have exceeded 50 attendees for this event. Last year was a modest 25 or so because we were up against Night of the Soiled Doves which impacted our numbers. This year, I don't anticipate such a drop-off as the time for our dinner is positioned to be a lead-in to the activities planned later in the evening.

Here are a few things to keep in mind. First of all, "happy hour" is listed as 5:00-5:30 p.m. Aside from there being really nice drink and food prices on their HH menu, it is really an arrival window. The dinner portion of this event is scheduled between 5:30 & 7:30. This is a bit earlier than usual for DLV because as mentioned above, we want those who attend the dinner to be able to make it if they are signed up for the 8:00 scheduled activity. Also, the above time is the two-hour window given to us by the restaurant. They could very well move us along at 7:30 if they have another large party coming in after us. In past years this has NOT been an issue but it's something to keep in mind if someone plans on arriving for dinner at 6:30 or later.

Like I mentioned, we'll have an open menu and although we will have one check per table, the servers will be prepared to give us separate totals as needed (individual or small group) which might slow things down a bit when getting us our checks but at the same time, this will make paying our individual tabs much easier. Also, I have no expectation that everyone will be eating at the same time. Again, this makes it easier for the restaurant to accommodate our large group. Normally 40-50 people are relegated to a limited menu with prices in the $50 per person range. THIS IS NOT THE CASE FOR OUR DINNER. Please be patient with our servers, a group like ours is certainly a challenge.

The last several years at P.F. Chang's have been an absolute blast. It comes across like the perfect combination between dinner and a cocktail party with plenty of room to socialize and also have a great meal. I look forward to meeting each and every attendee. As I have quipped before, you'll recognize me by being the one who is running around like a bride on her wedding day (no, I will NOT be wearing a wedding dress )!!!

Sara
Elector

Sara
Elector

Re: Activity Highlight - P.F. Chang's (dinner, Wed 3/25)

Postby Sandyrcd » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Missed last year Sara looking so forward to this year!

Sandy
Sandyrcd
Volunteer

Re: Activity Highlight - P.F. Chang's (dinner, Wed 3/25)

Postby Sara » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:06 am

Thank you to everyone who has signed up for dinner at P.F. Chang's China Bistro. At this moment we have 44 signed up and I have turned in our reservation count to the restaurant. Again, I look forward to seeing everyone there!!! :)
Sara
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum