Activity Highlight: Dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Activity Highlight: Dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Postby Bev » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

Tuesday evening: A night to primp and shine!
I am happy to offer a repeat winning activity to the Tuesday night schedule.
We will kick off the evening in fine dining style with dinner and cocktails at the award winning Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, located in Harrah’s. Last two years our group truly enjoyed this dining experience where the scrumptious meal was only surpassed by the outstanding service. We loved it there and they loved having us. They are looking forward to having us back again this year.
Please note that we intentionally keep this limited to a small group to encourage socializing and getting to know each other better. We will have a firm stop at 18 guests and will be based on activity sign-up availability. So if you sign up please be sure to honor your commitment as there will be others wishing to join us who will be unavailable because of the cut-off. It should be also noted that this is a mid to high end dining establishment. I believe my meals have run approximately $50-80 range.
After-dinner plans are still being finalized and will be announced at a later date.
So plan on putting on your finest and joining us for the best Las Vegas has to offer.
Bev
http://www.ruthschris.com/Restaurant-lo ... /las-vegas
Bev
Elector

Dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Postby External Poster » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:23 pm

This posting is from: Alice
----------

I am definately in for Ruth Chris, but worried that it will fill up
before I get back in the country

----------
(This posting was entered by Alice, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: Dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Postby annie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 pm

> I am definately in for Ruth Chris, but worried that it will fill up
> before I get back in the country

Assuming that you will be back in the States before March 1, you'll be fine. That's when activity sign-up opens.
annie
Elector

Re: Activity Highlight: Dining at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Postby Bev » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:44 am

Dining at RC's has been a popular experience because of several factors.
1. Great food and reasonable prices
2. Wonderful venue and atmosphere
3. Good friends, old and new, sitting in small setting (table of 6) that allows for easy conversation flow.
4. They like us and are glad to see us return. You will be treated royally!

Because of these and to ensure the 'intimacy' of small groups, we limit the number of attendees to maintain the feeling of dining out with a few close friends. Therefore it is important that you sign up and that you show up. If you change your mind or are unable to attend please let me know ASAP. My phone number will be provided. We cannot seat 'unregistered show-ups' for this activity. Please respect this. If you commit then follow through. If you were a no show last year (there were 2) you will be placed on the wait list for further consideration.

Attire for this activity is dressy. This is a high end dining establishment so appropriate attire is expected and appreciated. Cocktails are at 6:00 in their very nice lounge with seating for dinner promptly at 7:00. If you need to be 'fashionably late' please do so during cocktails, not dinner.
FYI: Ruth's Chris has a very nice ladies lounge too.
Bev
Elector

Postby Bev » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:53 am

As expected, the Tuesday night dinner and cocktails at the famed Ruth's Chris Steakhouse filled up and has a waiting list... the only activity to do so. I have been asked why we cannot open it up to everyone, why a wait list or hard reservation number. The reason is that, unlike other dining activities, this evening is set up to be an intimate dining experience to enjoy with friends old and new.
To keep it intimate and so conversation can flow easily we reserve tables of 6. So no long tables where you cannot hear what is being said at the other end and someone can get lost or overlooked. Also we desire to 'blend in' with the crowd. So we are given 3 tables spaced out throughout the restaurant. Last year they were 3 of the best table by the windows with a wonderful view of the strip.
To accommodate more diners would mean to add another table which would mean taking away from the blend factor. It would also mean getting enough additional guests to fill the additional table or putting the 3 extras at a table by themselves.
It was suggested to put more people at a table or put tables together. If you want to be crowded or sit at large mass tables eat at one of the other options. That is not what this activity is about.
So the dining limit is firm. That is why it is so important that if you have signed up for this activity that you make sure you will be there or let us know now. From the list of sign-ups I feel good that you are people who honor your commitment. So the chance of an opening is slim.
So for those on the wait list I hold no promise that you will get in and may wish to make other plans. I would hate to leave someone sitting in the bar when we go in to eat.
Bev
Elector

Postby annie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:19 am

Best meal for the trip! (so far, that is)

Literally an overflow crowd. Great food, and lots of it, and excellent service too!

Big thanks to Beverly for making this happen. :)
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum