Clarification/details for room sharing messages ...

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Clarification/details for room sharing messages ...

Postby annie » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:44 am

Please keep the following in mind when writing or responding to any room sharing items. These have come from our many years of having good and bad results from room sharing at our event.

First, please be sure that you give enough information in your request or response so potential roommates can easily see if they would or would not be a good match.

Also please post your contact information. Although MyDLV members can in most cases get your e-mail address, this forum is gated to the mailing list and Yahoo group, and those users will not be able to see it.

Also a special note to those using the Yahoo group. If the message you are reading was gated to Yahoo from MyDLV, any "private" replies to the sender will go to an administrative catch-all e-mail account that is not frequently checked. Please be sure to respond directly to the sender. We'll forward any of these that we catch but there are no guarantees.

A few very important items to include in your room sharing message are summarized from our recent general mailing on the topic:

* Do you have a reserved room to share or are you looking for space within one that someone else has booked?

* Do you smoke? If so, will you want to smoke in the room?

* Do you (knowingly) snore.

* What scale or price range of room are you looking for?

* Are you an early riser, late riser, etc.?

* What are your expectations regarding quiet hours?

One important item that was inadvertently omitted from this list was that it's very helpful to note the dates and times that you will be arriving and departing.

If you have plans to share a room, please have a contingency plan!

Most room sharing arrangements work out quite well, but occasionally they don't. Previously-cited points of difficulty have been such things as smoking in the room, payment arrangements, and disagreements on when the room is to be used for restful sleep only.

[DLV organizer's hat on]

Disclaimer:

Please remember that room sharing is a good faith effort on all parts.

Also please remember that matched roommates assume all risks and
liability and that DLV volunteers will not be responsible for such
things as a roommate failing to show, failing to pay, failing to make
reservations, a roommate who does not get along with you, does not make
the room available to you, locks you out, and such things as loss of
money or personal property, or in any other way things don't work out.
[DLV organizer's hat off]
annie
Elector

Re: Clarification/details for room sharing messages ...

Postby steph1957 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:53 am

I have a room I am interested in sharing at the Flamingo to defray some of the cost of the trip. It is a high floor, double queen, non-smoking room with a view of the high roller. Half of the cost including all taxes and resort fees will be $189.00. I got a deal on this room using my total rewards points. Normal costs for this room with fees and taxes would be more like $700.

Here is a bit more about me.

I don't smoke and have been clean and sober for almost 14 years. I don't snore from what I hear. My one downfall probably is that I tend to be a bit messy with my clothes when on a trip. If they come out of my bag they seldom go back in before I leave. I don't mind if someone else drinks or smokes, it just won't happen in the room. If you have any interest in sharing a room to save cost, just let me know.
steph1957
Volunteer

Return to DLV Discussion Forum