Pending announcement - Suggested hotels for DLV 2015 ...

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Postby annie » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:51 pm

For those of you waiting for an official announcement on our suggested hotels for DLV 2015, we ask you to please be patient.

The general mailing announcing the hotels is being held pending the results of negotiations for a good group rate at one of our suggested hotels.

As soon as this is a definite "go" or "no-go", a general mailing will be sent out and if applicable, instructions on how to obtain the group rate will be included.

If the negotiations are successfully concluded, this will indeed be a meaningful savings over the rates available to the general public.

Big thanks go out to Beverly for taking the lead on this!

Film at 11. :)
annie
Elector

Re: Pending announcement - Suggested hotels for DLV 2015 ...

Postby Bev » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:10 pm

I really shouldn't tip my hand until all is concluded, but I would like to get some feedback before the final contracts are signed.
I have been quoted a price by Flamingo for $65 per night for Sunday, March 22 through Sunday, March 29, single or double occupancy. That's a full week at a locked in price of $65/ night! Even Saturday night where the rate normally jumps up to as high as $150. Of course the resort fee of $25/n and taxes are on top of that rate. But that's true with whatever rate you are able to find online or by dealing directly with the hotel.
All of my research has found this to be the very best rate for that time period for the Flamingo or hotels around that area. We are a week or two earlier then in the past for DLV. Las Vegas does not have a major convention going on that week but it is during March Madness and NASCAR racing. So it is going to be a high demand time period which means room rates will not be discounted as much as in years past.
So let me know what you think of this rate and hotel, if you would book this or not. I will have a block of 25 room available on a first come, first served basis. If you don't get in for that block then you are totally on your on.
Bev
Bev
Elector

Postby External Poster » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:16 pm

This posting is from: Gina
----------

Wow, sounds good to me!

Gina

----------
(This posting was entered by Gina, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby Robyn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Bev I have been going to NASCAR the last 12 years and it is scheduled this year on March 8 believe me everything happens on the Thursday before the race and the mass exit start on Monday morning so I do not believe nascar will be a issue its just all about what they think they can get away with.

R
Robyn
Elector

Postby annie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:58 am

First of all I want to thank you, Beverly, for taking this on. If this comes to fruition, this will offer a considerable saving to those attending DLV 2015!

> I have been quoted a price by Flamingo for $65 per night for Sunday, March
> 22 through Sunday, March 29, single or double occupancy. That's a full week
> at a locked in price of $65/ night! Even Saturday night where the rate
> normally jumps up to as high as $150.

This is a very good rate! It easily beats any other rate I can find that is available to the general public. It also appears to be right in line with various things like "best corporate rate" and rates available via aggregators when an apples-to-apples comparison is made.

> So let me know what you think of this rate and hotel, if you would book
> this or not.

My only personal concern would be any "gotchas" or "catches" which are not obvious, such as terms (must be paid totally up front, refundability, etc.) or any other conditions that make this offer of less value than what would be obtained at normal street rates.
annie
Elector

Pending announcement - Suggested hotels for

Postby External Poster » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:56 am

This posting is from: Delaney
----------

I think it's wonderful option, provided cancellation is possible at some
reasonable rate - for example, a one night penalty. Perhaps it was
mentioned in the string, if so, I missed it.

Delaney

----------
(This posting was entered by Delaney, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby Bev » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:19 am

Good questions Annie. And in the contract it states that the first night fee will be applied at time of booking, which is common for many hotels, this is fully refundable if cancelled prior to 72 hours before the first night. So rooms can be cancelled without penalty.
I have read the contract carefully and have talked with the hotel property agent and everything looks very normal and straightforward. There is even the opportunity to extend the rate up to 3 days prior and 3 days past the dates posted.
I just want to gauge interest before I pull the trigger and sign the contract. Booking of room must be done no later then February 1st or the non-used rooms will be released. Any requests for rooms after February 1st will be on a "space available" basis.
It should also be noted that these rooms cannot be used for "vendor usage". So if anyone is planning on setting up any kind of business out of the room it is not allowed.
That's it. A great deal for us I feel. Hope you agree.
Bev
Elector

Postby Sandyrcd » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:07 pm

This a great deal and central location makes it easy to access and get around town.

Definitely would book a room.

Thanks for working on this Beverley

Sandy
Sandyrcd
Volunteer

Return to DLV Discussion Forum