Another record broken!

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Another record broken!

Postby annie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Just to let everyone know that the number of photos of DLV 2014 currently in the photo staging area currently stands at 2061 with over 150 more in the pipeline.

This breaks the record set last year of 2049.

Big thanks to all who sent in their photos of this year's event.

If anyone has any more photos of DLV 2014 that have not been sent in, please do so, as the Call For Photos closes this coming weekend.

If you attended this year, please be checking the photo staging area. If there are any photos which include a likeness of you which you do not want to appear on the final DLV 2014 pages, please mark them for removal.

If you attended and did not receive your link to the photo staging area, please write in and we will resend.
annie
Elector

Re: Another record broken!

Postby nicoletv » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 pm

Oops, I thought it was going to close on the 29th. I missed the boat. Nicole
nicoletv
Volunteer

Postby annie » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 pm

> Oops, I thought it was going to close on the 29th. I missed the boat.

Get 'em in! -- NOW! :) (please) :)
annie
Elector

Postby kandi.dolfen » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm truly impressed with the photos both in size and creativity.
I'm even more impressed that Annie has processed all of them it seems by manual submission.
Would it make sense to create a pix portal to submit them?
It just seems Annie is working very hard at this.
my $0.02 worth,
Dionne
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Postby annie » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 am

Again, big thanks to all who have submitted photos this year!

Let's hold the window open until the weekend of the 4th, as we now have multiple stragglers who have spoken up.

> I'm truly impressed with the photos both in size and creativity.

As of this morning, we're up to a count of 2307 for this year!

Yes, I am also very impressed with this year's photo submissions. We have, unquestionably, the best collection of photos of any of the major TG events!

Nowadays, almost everyone has a good camera, and today's cameras are very easy to use. About anyone with a good eye can take a good photo without paying that much attention to technical details.

> I'm even more impressed that Annie has processed all of them it seems by manual submission.

Nope, it's almost all automated. Pipelined from e-mail extraction through final page creation. The only ones I touch with a photo editor are those which need to be rotated, those that won't normalize, those that need cropping (very few this year), etc.

The one thing I am trying to find is a widget which will reliably detect dupes. Those I've seen are most definitely not ready for prime time. Things like size/file name/checksum will catch the obvious ones but if they have been touched with a photo editor, those checks will fail and they will sneak through.

One of our volunteers noticed and killed a few, but I'm sure there are others.

> Would it make sense to create a pix portal to submit them?

One thing that I was considering was adding the MyDLV photo upload function to the staging area main page, but the code that does the multiple uploads is not solid yet. That will certainly happen next year.
annie
Elector

Return to DLV Discussion Forum