Kandi’s CookBook for Bare Minerals Make-Up, Apr.2014 DLV

Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Kandi’s CookBook for Bare Minerals Make-Up, Apr.2014 DLV

Postby kandi.dolfen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Intro to this April 2014 DLV update
a. During DLV 2014, Las Vegas trip I visited with the Gals at Bare Minerals {http://www.BareEscentuals.com Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall, 3200 Las Vegas Blvd., suite 1305, LV, NV (702) 369-1556} to get some questions answered and follow-up on the Beginner and Intermediate MU sessions for DLV. Overall, Cindy, the store manager said the sessions went well. Next year she suggested just two days since the 3rd. day had too many cancellation or no-shows.
b. I now wear prescription glasses instead of contacts, so I can see the MU application and easier to follow along.
c. Stephanie’s recommendation is to apply MU to the eyes, first, then apply to the rest of the face. Doing the eye MU first, allows the ‘fall-down’ of eye MU onto the Face without spoiling the Face application. I decided to apply Foundation on the entire face and eyes, then go back to color the eyes.
d. My questions were about how to handle the fall-down of eyeshadow on top of my eyelashes. Also, refresh my application of Bronzer with the ‘E’ and ‘3’ shapes.
e. The onyx color for the eyeliner and eyebrows was too dark, so I wanted a replacement.

Face Preparation
1. Double Shave - use pre-shave lotion with an electric razor then shave cream and double razor blade for closest shave.
2. Wash face with Apricot scrub or equivalent.
3. Apply Vitamin E. moisturizer or/and tinted moisturizer with SPF sunscreen (you can apply just these and be ready for your MU session).
4. Put on a wig cap to cover hair. Fix in place with 3M micro-pore tape along edges. Add more tape strips from front to back to lift eyebrows up, if desired.

Face Makeup
1. Apply small amount of Prime Time Original Foundation primer (clear) onto your fingertips and spread over entire face, eyes and under jawline.
2. Apply Neutralizing Foundation Primer (yellow) over entire face, eyes and under jawline. This yellow tint cancels out the blue-grey cast from shaving and takes down my red tones.
3. Use Correcting concealer on problem areas (custom mix shades for best match). Stephanie pointed out my areas that needed Concealer application.
4. Apply Original Mineral Veil using Flawless Application Face Brush. Tap a small amount out of the container into the cover. Swirl the brush around the cover and tap off the excess powder. Use this Swirl, Tap & Buff technique for each application. Brush this over entire face. Put this brush aside for later touch-ups using more Veil.
5. Apply Bare Minerals Original Foundation with SPF15. Stephanie selected medium Beige #N20 for my skin. Apply this by applying 3 stripes: One across the Forehead &then on both cheeks. Using the Full Flawless Face brush, Buff the entire face for 1-2 minutes. This warms up the Foundation, gives complete coverage and blends the previous products together. (Take this brush along with you to perform ‘quik-fixes in the wild.’)
6. Apply additional Concealer, if necessary, under the Eyes, around the Nose and Muzzle areas.

Eye Makeup
1. Apply Original Prime Time Foundation Primer around Eyes (if the Face was done first, this is already applied).
2. Apply Neutralizing Foundation Primer (yellow) around Eyes (if the Face was done first, this too is already applied).
3. Apply Correcting Concealer under eyes to hide dark circles.
4. Apply Eye highlighter from lash line to brow line and out to edge of eye sockets (optional).
5. Apply Original Mineral Veil using Flawless Application Face Brush. Tap a small amount out of the container into the cover. Swirl the brush around the cover and tap off the excess powder.
6. Select two or three colors for your eye palette. Try matching with your outfit colors. Neutral colors are for the daytime like beige and brighter colors are for nighttime, like green, blue or violet. Apply the Base color (Lightest color) first on Upper lid from Lash to Crease using Pro Eye shadow brush. Don’t apply too much since it falls onto lashes.
7. Apply next darkest color to the outside ¾ part across the eye into the eye socket.
8. Blend colors in outward circular motion.
9. If you are just using two colors, go to Eyeliner.
10. Apply third (darkest or contrasting) Color to create < and > on outer edges of eyes by pressing Dots along a line in the Crease & pull Down, Blend into Crease with a windshield wiper like motion.
11. Using my new eyeliner pencil, and with steady hands (This takes some practice & patience) apply the Eye Liner from the inside corner of upper eyelid towards the outside corner. With some practice you can extend this line slightly upward to form a short tail in the outer corners. Mistakes can be removed with a Q-tip and water. Stroke along the lashes to help make a straight line. Feeling lucky, then draw the lower lash line using more of the same color. Make the Eyes appear farther apart by only drawing the outer ¾ part of the Lower Lashline.
12. Using the new velvet steel color and brush, apply this Liner to the Eyebrows. Making both sides even is the goal here since the Eyebrows frame the Eyes & Face. Highlight your upper brow line and conceal the lower if your Brow hairs are not well plucked out.
13. Stephanie selected Warmth Bronzer or Indecent Proposal to contour my face. This defines and shapes the face contours. Apply using the Bare Minerals ‘large mushroom’ brush in ‘E’, ‘3’ shape patterns. Also apply along the jawline to reduce the effects of my strong jawline. Draw two lines just on either side of the nose to reduce the width.
14. She also selected Vintage Peach Blush to apply on my Cheeks. Use long strokes from apples to ears, using the small mushroom brush.
15. Check all your MU and see if any quick fixes are needed.
16. Apply the Flawless Definition Mascara with up-turning strokes on the upper lashes. This Mascara adds volume to your lashes so you may not need false lashes.
17. Ready! Celebrate another day of looking fabulous!

Cleanup
1. Be sure to close up all MU containers by turning the inside ‘Sifter’ to the closed position before putting on the cover.
2. Clean the brushes by running them under cold water. Lay them sideways to dry. Don’t use dishwashing soap to clean brushes since this destroys the bristle glue & shortens the brush life. Use a small drop of Woolite in cold water to clean the brush, if necessary. Be sure to clean your brushes sometime each day so they can dry overnight.Check to be sure they are dry by wiping each one against your inner wrist (most sensitive) area.

MU Removal
1. Start by removing eyeglasses, contact lenses, hair, wig cap & etc.
2. Use Baby wipes instead of hotel towels!
3. Squeeze out some Neutrogena Nourishing Cream & Cleanser and apply all over face & jawline
4. Wash with warm water but use paper towels to dry off instead of cloth towels.
5. Eyeliner & Mascara might not come off completely.
6. Use baby oil to remove most of remaining MU.
7. Apply baby oil or over-night moisturizer over entire face.
8. Get your beauty sleep, Gorgeous!

I sincerely hope this is helpful to someone else learning MU application.
best wishes,
Dionne kandi Piper
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Return to DLV Discussion Forum