Diva Las Vegas Discussion Forum

Return to DLV Discussion Forum

Situation at the Freezone?

Postby External Poster » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:33 am

This posting is from: JoAnn
----------

Yes, the particulars often are termed as defining the reality --- "The
devil is in the details"

So we need to get all of the details before we jump to a decision.

JoAnn

----------
(This posting was entered by JoAnn, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Re: Situation at the Freezone?

Postby annie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:58 am

> Why are we even bothering with Freezone?

Because many of our people, myself included, have enjoyed the Freezone over the years. It used to be one of my favorite places to just relax and have a drink. I personally have had zero trouble there at all, either when there with other DLVers or other times I've been in town. I quit going there ca. 2007 when the restroom nazi reports started getting more frequent.
annie
Elector

Postby External Poster » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:27 am

This posting is from: Howard Petschel
----------

Thank you Vicky being ignorant of the vegas scene would love to hear
about other tv/tg groups that meet in vegas.

Harriot in Sandpoint

----------
(This posting was entered by Howard Petschel, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby External Poster » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:32 am

This posting is from: Redwolf
----------

I said it once before I will say it again DON'T GO THERE THEN!! Put the
word out that this place is not transgender friendly!!

----------
(This posting was entered by Redwolf, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby annie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:31 am

> I said it once before I will say it again DON'T GO THERE THEN!!

I might point out that if we simply "did not go there" for any venue at which there's been significant restroom issues, we would not be using Bahama Breeze, IP/Quad, Treasure Island, Gold Coast, Orleans, Venetian, Hard Rock, Bellagio, and a number of other places.
annie
Elector

Postby bobbiemlv » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am

I think you may have missed the point, Annie. Yes, there have been issues at all those other places, but not lately, unless you aren't printing ALL the complaints. Free Zone is an on-going thing. Those other places aren't, unless you know something that no one else knows.
There have always been problems at Free Zone, pertaining to tg's, more so than any other places in Vegas. It doesn't make sense, that a LBG club would discriminate against the T and that is probably why there has been so much discussion on the subject, but sometimes things just are what they are and we need to accept it.
bobbiemlv
Elector

Postby Linda » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:31 pm

bobbiemlv wrote :

> It doesn't make sense, that a LBG club would discriminate against the T

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, there are a lot of gay people (I don't know the percentage) who don't like the T. Therefore, it stands to reason that there would be a few who actually hate TG people and would do whatever they can to keep us out.

Linda
Linda
Elector

Postby External Poster » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:33 pm

This posting is from: Howard Petschel
----------

I would love to see more TV/TG friendly bars on the accepted go to list.

Everybody else probably knows which these clubs are but I am a newby to
the LV scene. Obviously the Free Zone is a place to avoid.

----------
(This posting was entered by Howard Petschel, an external user of MyDLV.)
External Poster
External

Postby bobbiemlv » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:23 am

"It is more the lesbians that discriminate at Free Zone, after all we are using their facilities, than the gay men. It is really a messed up world when people who socially identify with each other. have so many different factions. Ex: gay men, lesbians are basically the same and yet, they tend to separate themselves into 2 groups. WE are even more diverse than that....crossdressers, transvestites, transsexuals(pre, post and non), transgender and I'm sure I've missed a few and there are some of us who disagree with each other based on which one we consider ourselves to be. It is all MESSED UP.
Why can't we all be people with different standards and live together without all the finger-pointing.

And I'm not even going into "Christianity", where their are multitudes of factions that actually start wars with each other. Ex: Catholics and Protestants in Ireland is both religious and political.

I may not like the way a person lives or believe in his point of view, but If I don't, I try to just leave them be.
Perhaps what we need is an "invasion" from outer space to bring us all together. Global warming hasn't worked."

I purposely put my statement in quotation marks, to show how things get out of hand. Start with one thing and make it into a mountain of problems. I know, for a fact, that there are tg's who regularly go to Free Zone. They are not DLVers and they do live in Las Vegas. I am not at liberty to say who they are without their permission. It has never occurred to me to ask what restroom they use, but I'm pretty sure it's whichever they choose. I have 2 personal friends, who have attended DLV, that have never had a problem using the ladies room at Free Zone. Perhaps, it is an attitude problem.
bobbiemlv
Elector

Postby kandi.dolfen » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Freezone update - I visited Freezone during my recent stay in LV.
I drove past the turn onto 610 E Naples Dr, since it is easy to miss. There was plenty of free parking.
I wore a grey/purple/black knee-length dress with dark purple swede pumps.
The place was not crowded, no GGs and I was the only TG there that night.

The restrooms are labeled Men's & Unisex. I don't know if they were recently changed to this setup.
I used the Unisex without incident.

I spoke with the bartender(male). He said this place can hold 70-80 people. The decor was old and needs paint to liven it up. Friday nights they have a Drag show. I intended to return for it but the hotter than average LV weather had me return home before Friday.

I hope to finish my trip report this week with all my adventures in LV for last week.
I visited lots of main-stream places and ALL without incident.
best wishes,
kandi
kandi.dolfen
Senior

Previous Next

Return to DLV Discussion Forum