Transgender Spectrum Conference

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

Transgender Spectrum Conference

Postby Valerie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Transgender Spectrum Conference - St Louis, MO - Nov 3-4, 2017

Quoting from the conference website (https://sites.wustl.edu/transgenderspectrumconference/):

"Washington University in St. Louis will host the fourth annual Transgender Spectrum Conference Friday, November 3rd and Saturday, November 4th, 2017. Initiated by the University of Missouri-St. Louis in 2014, the conference brings together a wide range of people interested in celebrating the lives of transgender people in the St. Louis area and beyond. Our goal is to create dialog, to educate ourselves and our community, and to improve the lives of all gender variant people.

Register now to secure your place at the 2017 Transgender Spectrum Conference! Registration rates will increase after October 1. You can make your housing reservations now at Charles F. Knight Executive Education & Conference Center.

This year’s conference theme is Rise Up: Resist and Reconnect. The conference will include a variety of programming (papers, panels, workshops) for everyone—from those learning about transgender issues for the first time to seasoned scholars and activists."

This is NOT a free event. There is a not insignificant cost associated with it and there are options for registering at a reduced cost. I will be attending both days of the conference. If someone wants to attend from out of town, I'd be happy to have a guest or two at my home and provide transportation to the conference. You might have to sleep on a couch if you stay overnight.

Click the website link above for more information and/or to register.
Valerie
Volunteer

Return to Pinkfest