Playing the Big Sister role

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

Playing the Big Sister role

Postby Valerie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 pm

I've been to one PinkFest and spent another long weekend in Chicago without the group. I feel like an old hand and certainly remember my first morning at PinkFest 2013, looking out the window at the busy city street and thinking "OMG, I can't believe I'm about to go out there with PEOPLE." I was so nervous.

I know that there is normally a Big Sister program of some kind whether it's formal or not. I'm volunteering to help with those first steps for anyone who needs it. Either put me on a list or just let this posting act as a notice to whomever needs a bit of encouragement for their first outing. I do request that any such assignment or assistance be for someone who is relatively close to where I'm staying (Blue Line - Clinton station) or close to whichever venue they need help getting to. I'll be relying on public transportation while at Pinkfest and I'd prefer not to spend ALL day on a bus or train. I'm sure others will also be helping as needed and we can handle any geographic logistics to get everyone out and having fun.

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again!

- Valerie
Valerie
Volunteer

Re: Playing the Big Sister role

Postby annie » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:36 am

> I know that there is normally a Big Sister program of some kind whether
> it's formal or not. I'm volunteering to help with those first steps for
> anyone who needs it.

Thanks for volunteering. :)

We've never had a formal Big Sister program at Pinkfest, as we do with DLV.

We've had, on occasion, a few who had their first night out at Pinkfest. The group was always very supportive and acted kind of like a whole family of big sisters.

If anyone is in need of a Big Sister for the upcoming Pinkfest, write in and we'll do an exchange of e-mail addresses.

Thanks again :)
annie
Elector

Return to Pinkfest