La Quinta at Franklin and Madison?

Pinkfest Discussion Forum

Return to Pinkfest

La Quinta at Franklin and Madison?

Postby annie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:55 pm

I seem to recall that last year, somebody stayed at the La Quinta on Franklin but I don't remember who it is.

Was that place decent? Is it a place you would stay again?

Reason I am asking is that our in-house TAs are showing some good rates for that property during Pinkfest. The two places I like to stay are higher for some reason during those days.

Please let me know. The location is good and if there are no "gotchas" I may go for it.

Thanks.
annie
Elector

Re: La Quinta at Franklin and Madison?

Postby Valerie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Duplicate post... and the older version at that.
Last edited by Valerie on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valerie
Volunteer

Postby Valerie » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:14 pm

I stayed there (La Quinta) and had absolutely no problems. I picked it because it was central to most activities, close to the Washington/Wells station, and one of the least expensive places I could find at the time. I was new to Chicago and really didn't have any idea what was where and what neighborhoods were like (yeah, like I do now).

I'd definitely stay there again. I paid $140/night and it was a huge room. I really liked it. Both Amanda and Robbie (hope I got that right) visited my room to use the facilities since it was convenient during transitions between scheduled activities. They can comment. The only reason I'm not going back is because I was looking for something cheaper. Well, that and the fact that they wouldn't credit my stay to a La Quinta rewards program because I booked via Hotels.com.

Note that I did NOT check in/out en femme and my time in the lobby was limited. I think I spoke to a desk clerk once and that was comfortable. There is a Walgreen's less than a block away and a great shoe repair place right by the Washington/Wells station ($15 for while-you-wait heel tap replacement). I was still traveling drab, unlike the trip my wife and I took to Chicago while you were all at DLV this year. That was en femme from the time I left the house and was great. I'll post more on that later (or maybe I already did). I will say that we stayed at the Four Points literally around the corner from Lawry's on that trip for just $56/night. It was nice as well, but I'm not seeing those prices for the 2014 Pinkfest dates.

For this year's Pinkfest, I've already arranged a place using airbnb.com for just $64/night. Private room and private bath. My wife may be coming with me this year, but maybe not. Not sure yet. I may have been booking too early to get the good deals (low occupancy expectations) at some of the hotels, but I'm hoping the airbnb.com experience will prove positive. I'll be staying just two blocks south of Union Station, right next to the Clinton station on the Blue line. Since those are often private residences, I've already informed the host that they would have a transgendered guest. All of the airbnb hosts I contacted were cool with that aspect.
Valerie
Volunteer

Postby annie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:08 am

> I stayed there (La Quinta) and had absolutely no problems. I
> picked it because it was central to most activities,

Thanks. I knew I remembered somebody staying there. :)

Since you didn't have any issues, this one is definitely on my finalists list.

> Note that I did NOT check in/out en femme and my time in
> the lobby was limited. I think I spoke to a desk clerk once and
> that was comfortable.

I'm not at all shy of the desk staff. I just want them to be there when I need them. :)

> I'll be staying just two blocks south of Union Station, right next
> to the Clinton station on the Blue line.

That reminds me, there's a Holiday Inn kind of tucked away in there just south of the Eisenhower literally steps away from that Clinton station. I've always been curious about it but I've never stayed there. I've stayed at various Holiday Inn properties around Chicago but never that one. I may look in to that one as well.
annie
Elector

Return to Pinkfest